Confidential Library Records
Library Patron records, including circulation records, interlibrary loan records, and database search records are strictly confidential. Fayetteville State University's Chesnutt Library adheres to North Carolina General Statute 125-19 (2004).
§ 125-19. Confidentiality of library user records
- Disclosure. -- A library shall not disclose any library record that identifies a person as having requested or obtained specific materials, information, or services, or as otherwise having used the library, except as provided for in subsection (b).
- Exceptions. -- Library records may be disclosed in the following instances:
- When necessary for the reasonable operation of the library;
- Upon written consent of the user; or
- Pursuant to subpoena, court order, or where otherwise required by law.
Chesnutt Library, in compliance with Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), protects the privacy of student education records and does not release this information.